2020, 2021, 2022 Canada Tax Refunds

There are many students who have worked part-time as temporary or seasonal workers who qualify for tax refunds.

There are many international students who used work-study visas to work in Canada and qualify for tax refunds.

There are international professionals who used a work permit worked in Canada and qualify for tax refunds.

If you worked while in Canada you will have paid 13%-44% tax on your earnings.

The good news is you can claim all or part of this money back!

The amount you get back will depend on how much you earned, how much income tax you paid, your eligible deductions and what expenses you have incurred.

Doing your Canada Taxes

  1. Do you need to file a tax return?
  2. When is your 2021 tax return due?
  3. Do you need help doing your taxes?
  4. How to do your taxes
  5. When will you get your notice of assessment (NOA)?
  6. When will you get your refund?
  7. Do you owe money?
  8. Do you need to make changes to your tax return?

This page provides information on what you need to know to do your taxes. There are links in each section that will lead you to more information on that topic. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/income-tax/personal-income-tax/doing-your-taxes.html

Got a question for ESL in Canada?

ESL in Canada email: eslincanada@gmail.com

Additional English Vocabulary for Taxes in Canada

Picture of Blueprint for English The Blueprint to English language grammar summary with practice word cards is designed for beginner and intermediate English Language students ages 5 to 100.

Blueprint to English is a 96 page cheat sheet with English grammar practices, procedures and examples.

The practice word cards will provide you with enough variety to practice forming millions of English sentences. The word cards are an excellent mnemonic memory aid for parts of speech, word functions and vocabulary.

Old communication was 90% oral and 10% writing. Modern communication is 40% oral, 40% writing and 20% video/graphics for most professions. Correct writing in English is mandatory.

Click on the book cover - Go to Lulu and buy a digital or paper version.
sentencemaster banner

ESL logo
ESL in Canada Copyright 1997 - 2022