Homestay for ESL English students in Canada
Homestay can be a wonderful experience for international students in Canada. There are
some excellent Canadian families that take a genuine interest in the international
students and provide a wealth of experience and care to the students.
Homestay is accommodation for international students with Canadian families while
studying ESL English in Canada. Students can use the registration form for homestay with a
Canadian homestay family.
Example Student Homestay Residence in Toronto
- 2 private bedrooms $400 each per month with own cable TV
- Shared bathroom with fellow ESL student
- Central air conditioning
- Unlimited high speed Internet and Pentium computer
- Quite and friendly established west end neighborhood
- One bus ride to subway, 35 minutes to downtown Toronto
- Walking distance to Cineplex Theatre and shopping malls
- Share modern kitchen for meal preparation
- Laundry facility
- grocery shopping can be arranged with the Homestay family
- Smoke free and pet free
and Dining Room
Student's PC with
unlimited high speed Internet
Student Registration Form for Canada Homestay, ESL schools and tutors
How to Shop for a HOMESTAY in Canada
Questions to Ask
- Do I receive a written copy of the rules and responsibilities of the homestay?
- Is my homestay contract with the family, homestay contractor or the school?
- If there is a problem who do I complain to or ask for a refund?
- If my homestay is inadequate is seven days notice enough to change?
- Where is the homestay located?
- Is commuting time less than 30 minutes?
- Is the homestay located on a public transportation route?
- Is the homestay family Native English speakers?
- How many family members, pets and other ESL students in the house?
- Do I get a single room, or a shared room?
- Do I have access to the TV, radio, telephone, Email, computer?
- How much time will the family spend with me each day?
- Do I have a choice of food that is served?
- Will the family prepare food so I do not gain or lose weight ?
- Can I buy my own lunch ( and/or dinner) and pay less for homestay?
- Do I have to do my own laundry outside of the homestay?
For Additional information Go to:
FAQS - Frequently Asked Questions about Canada
How to Choose the Best English School
How to List your Homestay Family for 2014-2015
International students have requested a wide variety of accommodations. Some
students want; kids, pets, roommates and farm setting. Some students want a single
room, downtown, and be able to walk to school. Most requested homestay cities are: Toronto,
Vancouver, Victoria, Niagara Falls, Rocky Mountains Banff, Montreal, Ottawa, PEI,
Halifax, Calgary, London, Canada, North America
Canadian Homestay listings should present and explain the house facilities, location and amenities.
Pictures and description of the Family homestay, lifestyle and expectations.
For Host Families that want a listing Please include the following information when using the Homestay Registration Form:
Pictures: house, rooms, family
Descriptions: house, family, neighborhood, access to public transportation
Rules: host family rules for the student
Procedures: phone, TV, Internet, Laundry
Activities: what students can expect to be included into.
Prices for a seven day week
1. Room only
2. Room + Breakfast
3. Room + 2 meals a day
4. Room + 3 meals a day
Link to Homestay Registration Form
Follow us !
Check our other languages!