2018 Internships

The 2018 internship programs are open to new Canadians, LINC graduates, international work/study visa students, students preparing for business school, students preparing for career training, graduates preparing for work in English speaking workplaces, job seekers who need to improve their business English language skills.

International students with a study/work permit and advanced English language and business skills can apply for paying jobs in Canada.

Students can email for additional information. ESL in Canada works with an excellent DLI which can issue work/study permits for work experience or coop and internship training programs.

The new visa regulations will improve services to genuine students, while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and reducing the potential for fraud and misuse of the program.

Study permit holders pursuing studies at publicly-funded and certain privately-funded post-secondary institutions must apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit to be able to work up to 20 hours per week off-campus during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks.

Any international student can apply for a Co-Op Work Permit if a co-op placement is an integral element of their course of study.

Study permits will only be issued to successful applicants who are pursuing studies at an educational institution that has been designated to receive international students.

Study permits will automatically authorize the holder to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks without the need to apply for a separate work permit. The study permit holder must be pursuing academic, vocational or professional training of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate at a designated institution.

Visitors may apply for a study permit from within Canada if they are at the pre-school, primary or secondary level, are on an academic exchange or a visiting student at a designated learning institution, or have completed a course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated learning institution.

International students enrolling in courses in Canada that will last six months or less do not need a study permit. This is not changing. Students from countries whose citizens require a visitor visa will still need a valid visitor visa.

New visa rules for international work/study students started on June 1, 2014.

For additional info Go to:

Definitions and components of work experience

Work experience usually involves work and some performed functions by the participant.

Work experience can take several forms and involve different levels of participation.

Work placement a time period of work experience, which can be paid or unpaid, that is part of the course and necessary to complete the program of study.

Internship a short-term placement in an organization. Many study programs require from 2 to 4 internships to complete the program of study.

Work-based project ? a specific set of assessed activities carried out at the school or at at an external work location.

Work shadowing observing a staff member of an organization to understand their functions, responsibilities and skill requirements

Voluntary work unpaid work, usually carried out in your own time and can be for profit, non-profit or charity organizations.

The benefits of work experience for new graduates or job seekers.

For additional info Go to:

ESL in Canada Work Experience Internships

ESL in Canada offers work experience internships.

Email eslincanada (at) gmail (dot) com to schedule an interview.

International Experience Canada Reciprocal Agreements

Canada has reciprocal agreements with 32 countries and territories. Please check the CIC website to find country opening dates as they become available.

IEC has three streams; Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Co-operation Internship. Visit the IEC section for more information on the three streams available to Canadian and foreign youth.

Please note that starting in 2016, in addition to the $150 participation fee, a new fee of $100 will be introduced specifically for open work permits delivered to Working Holiday applicants.

Foreign youth coming to Canada in the International Co-op and Young Professionals categories receive employer-specific work permits. In these cases, their employers must submit the required employment information, along with the new $230 employer compliance fee to CIC before the foreign youth can apply for a work permit. These IEC applicants are still required to pay the $150 IEC participation fee with their application.

more info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp

Links to Business English Classes and Career Training Programs

Online Business & ESL English Classes

COVID 19 has eliminated most in-person classroom ESL, English & Business English classes.

Online classes are an excellent substitute and can be designed for individuals or groups of students.

Online classes use combinations of zoom, whatsapp, facetime, text, voip, email and other platforms.

All ESL in Canada online teachers are Canadian certified and experienced teachers.

Link to Online Business & ESL English Classes

Email any questions or to start your studies ESL in Canada

Business & ESL English Teacher

sentencemaster banner

ESL logo
ESL in Canada Copyright 1997 - 2020